Pets Galore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pets Galore

A forum to help answer questions about your new pet

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Petsgaloreky.comPetsgaloreky.com  

stress coat or prime

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-01-01

stress coat or prime Empty
PostSubject: stress coat or prime   stress coat or prime Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:38 am

i guess i will start a new topic here on the shelf, which is better stress coat or prime?
Back to top Go down
wes
Hatchling
Hatchling
wes

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: stress coat or prime   stress coat or prime Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:53 am

I definantly like Prime better. and as for stress relief for fish all you need is a little aquarium salt.
Back to top Go down
PeterVE
Admin
Admin
PeterVE

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: stress coat or prime   stress coat or prime Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 7:32 pm

I am not a fan of stress coat at all. It makes all these claims that really they don't follow through on and it is very easy to overdose your tank with it. I like Prime a lot however they try to tell you they don't have a bacteria base in it and that the smell is just because they use water that is high in sulfer or some bs like that. Their sales reps may not know a whole lot but either way it is a good product and it is the first that I would sell to someone.

Peter VE
Back to top Go down
http://www.petsgaloreky.com
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: stress coat or prime   stress coat or prime Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 12:23 am

I do now and have always preferred Stress Coat to any other declorinator! I have used several different brands in the past with varying levels of success, but I always go back to Stress Coat.
Back to top Go down
wes
Hatchling
Hatchling
wes

PostSubject: Re: stress coat or prime   stress coat or prime Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 1:27 am

I agree with Pete,

Stess coat makes to many claims. The thing I can't get over is that there is aloe vera in it. I know it may do a little something to help, but come on, how many fish see a dessert plant in their natrual habitat. The only thing i put in my tanks and the only thing i will ever put in my tanks are salt (i can't recomemd salt high enough, except for with plants) and either prime or Amquel.
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

PostSubject: Re: stress coat or prime   stress coat or prime Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 1:29 am

i use stress coat in my weekly water changes on my fish tanks and i use prime on my cherry shrimp tank and you are right peter it smells like some booty dude, hey wes are you still working at sandys..
Back to top Go down
wes
Hatchling
Hatchling
wes

PostSubject: Re: stress coat or prime   stress coat or prime Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 1:32 am

Yes I am. And as a curtisy to my friends at Pets Galore im trying not to talk about Sandy's on here. But iI am still there and still ike it. I havent seen you there for a while.

-wes
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

PostSubject: Re: stress coat or prime   stress coat or prime Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 1:39 am

cool dude, yeah i really dont get by there to much i stay to busy but i was in there a couple of weeks ago and you were off and i asked some dude working there about the fire dept and how you were doing, i can understand not talking about work, me as well, pets galore knows theres nothing but love from me, they are too cool and i will help them out in any way i can, as for peter thats another question, hehehe, just kidding peter.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
wes
Hatchling
Hatchling
wes

PostSubject: Re: stress coat or prime   stress coat or prime Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 1:43 am

Yeh, I like the guys at Galore they help me out more than they need to and all i can do is try do as much as as i can for them (without screwing over my other job) when im not working.

-wes
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

PostSubject: Re: stress coat or prime   stress coat or prime Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 1:52 am

aymen on that dude, you couldnt meet a better bunch of folk like you can at the galore, i swear i would love to just hang out there all of the time but my wife would trip dude..
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

PostSubject: Re: stress coat or prime   stress coat or prime Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:32 pm

what about that stuff by API its like stress coat but is only a dechlor and doesnt have any aloe in it, it is more like a liquid type than a jell substance?
Back to top Go down
wes
Hatchling
Hatchling
wes

PostSubject: Re: stress coat or prime   stress coat or prime Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 1:11 am

I'm not sure. I havent ever used it honestly
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

PostSubject: Re: stress coat or prime   stress coat or prime Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 6:42 pm

cool thanks dude, i spilled some on my washer the other day and when it dryed up it was almost the same as a candle when they melt and cool down, thats is wacked aye.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
wes
Hatchling
Hatchling
wes

PostSubject: Re: stress coat or prime   stress coat or prime Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 6:00 pm

pretty weird
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

PostSubject: Re: stress coat or prime   stress coat or prime Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:50 pm

yep i believe i wont be getting that again i will stick to the stress coat and prime.. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stress coat or prime   stress coat or prime Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stress coat or prime
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pets Galore :: In The Store :: On The Shelf-
Jump to: