Pets Galore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pets Galore

A forum to help answer questions about your new pet

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Petsgaloreky.comPetsgaloreky.com  

fat tail and leopard hybrid

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
clifford
Hatchling
Hatchling
clifford

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-01-10

fat tail and leopard hybrid Empty
PostSubject: fat tail and leopard hybrid   fat tail and leopard hybrid Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:08 pm

can a fat tail gecko and a leopard gecko be breed together?
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: fat tail and leopard hybrid   fat tail and leopard hybrid Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:21 am

It can and has been done...wouldn't recommend it though for a couple of reasons the biggest of which is that the offspring tend to be ugly (IMO) little things...
Back to top Go down
clifford
Hatchling
Hatchling
clifford

PostSubject: Re: fat tail and leopard hybrid   fat tail and leopard hybrid Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:34 am

ok thanks but i have a het for albino pos. white sock fat tail and if i breed it to a het for albino leopard would the babies be albino
Back to top Go down
PeterVE
Admin
Admin
PeterVE

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: fat tail and leopard hybrid   fat tail and leopard hybrid Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:18 am

In Leopard Geckos, there are three different strains of albino and none of them can be crossed into each other to create albinos I don't think. Someone correct me if I am wrong but if you cross a bell with a trempor or a rainwater, it won't prove out. Much like the T+ and T- albino gene found in some asian ratsnakes.

Peter VE
Back to top Go down
http://www.petsgaloreky.com
PeterVE
Admin
Admin
PeterVE

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: fat tail and leopard hybrid   fat tail and leopard hybrid Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:23 am

Something else, even if the two mutations were compatible, the odd behind actually hitting the albino would only be one in four. So it would take probably two or three clutches of eggs just to hit the albino. Might as well just buy a pair of albinos.

Peter VE
Back to top Go down
http://www.petsgaloreky.com
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: fat tail and leopard hybrid   fat tail and leopard hybrid Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 3:31 am

I agree with Peter...if you want albino's (or any other morph for that matter) you are best off just shelling out the green for an albino pair.
Back to top Go down
clifford
Hatchling
Hatchling
clifford

PostSubject: Re: fat tail and leopard hybrid   fat tail and leopard hybrid Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:21 pm

ok thanks for the info.
clifford
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fat tail and leopard hybrid   fat tail and leopard hybrid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fat tail and leopard hybrid
Page 1 of 1