Pets Galore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pets Galore

A forum to help answer questions about your new pet

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Petsgaloreky.comPetsgaloreky.com  

Septemfasciatus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tdc1876
Hatchling
Hatchling
tdc1876

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Septemfasciatus Empty
PostSubject: Septemfasciatus   Septemfasciatus Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:43 pm

Does anyone have any idea what genus these come from? If you can see my avatar I have this fish which someone says is a septemfasciatus. I can't find any fish that looks like this with a species name of septemfasciatus.

Can you see my avatar? I'm having some trouble getting pics to load into my gallery and I haven't loaded them into my website yet.

tim
Back to top Go down
tdc1876
Hatchling
Hatchling
tdc1876

Septemfasciatus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septemfasciatus   Septemfasciatus Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:44 pm

Not the silver dollars by the way. The fish that has bars/stribes and looks an awful lot like some sort of barb.

tim
Back to top Go down
crazy chris flo
Hatchling
Hatchling

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Septemfasciatus Empty
PostSubject: fish id   Septemfasciatus Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 3:50 pm

I thought it looked like a leporinus species also. I looked up different barbs because I thought I recently
saw those in a fish magazine. I think it might be a large clown barb (Puntius everetti - Syn: Barbus everetti).
I found it on this website http://www.sunderlandaquatics.co.uk/id82.html , just scoll down a bit. It looks pretty
similar. Very nice fish!! Take care. Chris Flo
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Septemfasciatus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septemfasciatus   Septemfasciatus Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:04 am

Tim, that is a Distichodus sexfaciatus... nice looking one too. How big is it?
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Septemfasciatus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septemfasciatus   Septemfasciatus Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:33 pm

hey tim sweet fish they dont take any crap either Distochodus grow to about 15 inches in captivity (30 in the wild). The largest one on record weighed 20 pounds. cool james that you helped out dude, i like the colors and the bars on these fish, what are you feeding him tim.. Cool
Back to top Go down
tdc1876
Hatchling
Hatchling
tdc1876

Septemfasciatus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septemfasciatus   Septemfasciatus Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 9:36 pm

This guy is about 10 inches and is sharing a 110 tank with a large (12-14 inches) oscar,2 ~6 inch silver dollars a couple small blue acara's and a 5-6 inch jack dempsey. I've only had this guy about 2 weeks and he seems to be eating shrimp pellets off the substrate and occasionally some flake food.
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Septemfasciatus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septemfasciatus   Septemfasciatus Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 11:05 pm

cool hey i would try some frozen foods as well, this is one sweet fish coolness on the score dude.. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Septemfasciatus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septemfasciatus   Septemfasciatus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Septemfasciatus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pets Galore :: Animal Questions :: Freshwater Fish-
Jump to: