Pets Galore

A forum to help answer questions about your new pet

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  Petsgaloreky.comPetsgaloreky.com  

Share | 

Random animal pics...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Random animal pics...   Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:47 am

Erin decided she wanted to get some pics at the shop the other day so here are some random shots of animals we currently have...enjoy!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
wes
Hatchling
Hatchling

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Random animal pics...   Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:19 pm

are those tomatos in amplexis?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random animal pics...   Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:48 pm

wes wrote:
are those tomatos in amplexis?
Sure are...we moved them down into the rain chamber a few days ago and they were locked up within hours...
Granted they have been that way since Sunday with no eggs so we will see what happens Suspect

I have had Phyllomedusa males ride females for several weeks before they either lay or decide to part ways, frog breeding is frustrating!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random animal pics...   Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:56 pm

BTW, here is another pic of them...I have some on the camera that show both clearly, I will try to get them up sometime

Back to top Go down
View user profile
wes
Hatchling
Hatchling

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Random animal pics...   Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:31 pm

thats awesome man. hope they end up producing eggs for ya
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random animal pics...   Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:06 pm

You and me both!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Random animal pics...   Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:24 pm

cool sweet photos you said erin did these wow great photography.. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random animal pics...   Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:01 am

pittbull wrote:
cool sweet photos you said erin did these wow great photography.. Cool

I'll let her know...she is good at photography, usually likes landscapes more than animals though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder

PostSubject: Re: Random animal pics...   Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:42 pm

cool man she did a good job what type of camera does she have, i have been wanting to get envolved with fish photography for a while now, hey BTW i so need some julidochromis dickfieldi are you guys going to order anytime soon and i was in the shop today to replace some fish i accidently killed off last week and man those bettas from texas are sweet you need to find an all black male betta dude, and the rodent room looks sweet as well, later.. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random animal pics...   Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:26 am

She shot all of those with a Canon 20D...
I know it will be at least a few more weeks until be do any sizeable order from anywhere, sucks that you lost a bunch of fish...what happened?

Quote :
you need to find an all black male betta

I can get them all day long, but they are going to start at about $30 each! Good bettas are expensive but well worth it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder

PostSubject: Re: Random animal pics...   Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:19 pm

betta- cool if you get an all black male betta i wont one i will pay 30 bucks for him not black and white but all black and not the dark blue ones, hehehe.

man i think i just over did it with my tank last week, i set up a new xp3 rena filstar canister filter but i forgot to rinse the media so my tank turned milky white so thick you couldnt see the fish but i would think that this wasnt the reason my fish died, so i did a 50% water change and were i have been adding that buffer for ph that i may have dropped my ph to fast a few degree and all of those young tanganyikans dropped like flys but didnt affect my frontosa or congo tetras, but i was at the shop and picked some more c. brichardi and ornatus julidochromis i just wont be able to get those sexfasciatus and white calvus back anytime soon unless you can order from atlantis again which if you do let me know so i can get a few more but those calvus were too tiny in the getgo, cool on the camera if you dont mind how much for a camera like that i want to start photographing native species here, later buddy.. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random animal pics...   Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:13 am

I'll keep my ears open on the betta...what kind of tail are you looking for (HM, Crown, Split, et al.)?

As for the camera...If you look hard you can find them new for about $750, they usually start at around $450 used...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder

PostSubject: Re: Random animal pics...   Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:49 pm

hey james sorry dude we just got back from tenn on vacation we went to the tennessee aquarium it was sweet, hey i am in need of an all black crowntail betta let me know if you can get one i would say 30 bucks would be my limit on this fish, cool on the camera i would start cheap hey if you dont mind could you give me some advice on what i need to take good quality photos like the ones erin took, ex what type of camera, model, lense, for professional picture taking, thanks buddy.. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random animal pics...   Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:31 am

pittbull wrote:
if you dont mind could you give me some advice on what i need to take good quality photos like the ones erin took, ex what type of camera, model, lense, for professional picture taking, thanks buddy.. Cool
I would...but I really don't know. I can sometimes take a good fish or frog shot, but when I do I usually take at least 20 bad ones for one decent one, and probably 100 bad or decent ones for one I would say is good!
I am not really one to give advice on cameras or photography because I am quite ignorant of most aspects of it, but there are a couple of members on here who may be able to give some good advice...Ldydrgn comes to mind, she (much like Erin) can do some amazing things with a camera, put up a post with her name in the title and she can probably offer some sound advice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder

PostSubject: Re: Random animal pics...   Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:14 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content