Pets Galore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pets Galore

A forum to help answer questions about your new pet

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Petsgaloreky.comPetsgaloreky.com  

freshwater plants

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-01-01

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 2:06 am

cool lets talk plants for the freshwater aquarium, what is the coolest plant in your own opinion? me i love the red tiger lotus and crpts..
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 2:10 am

hey james that cryp i got from you today i splitted in two one for the 120gal and one for my cherry shrimp tank and guess what all of the algae is gone from the leaves my small snails took care of that so really it looks nice now, cool thanks again for the plant dude.. cherry
Back to top Go down
wes
Hatchling
Hatchling
wes

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-31

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 2:23 am

I like the Madagascar lace.
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-12-30

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 2:34 am

Anytime Mike, good to know it got cleaned up for ya Very Happy
Let me know if you want anything else out of that tank...and BTW I think Red Tiger lotus is one of my favorites...but java moss is by far the most useful IMO
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 11:04 pm

dude my flame moss from thailand is cherry and it is doing nicely Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 9:43 am

Hook me up with some sometime...I may end up setting up a tank to breed cherry shrimp in...it would fit in there just right ;-)
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 10:41 pm

hey thats not a problem dude i just moved it in the tank to a better location so it should be really sweet here in a few, i have a crap load of babie cherry shrimp and my female is carrying another clutch of eggs.. afro
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 11:20 pm

hey james i am still driving to the shop this thursday and i will bring those 4 keyholes with me make sure tim is cool dude.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 9:34 am

I talked to him about them last night and we are green lit! I think I may keep them in the hallway for now instead of moving them to the basement. I have not bred keyholes before...how aggressive do they get when the are defending a spawn (I'm trying to figure out a way to get a pair to work in my 75 plant tank)
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 10:40 pm

actually these fish the keyholes are a pretty timid little fish anything will scare them off into the plants, my cutteri and now the blue acaras are beating them up, they have spawned before and they just seemed to chase off the intruder at about 6 inches from the nest and then they return to the nest but really it is never really aggressive were it will keep going after them to defend the nest and if another cichlid keeps coming at them and will not back off they will let the spawn get eaten, pretty much sissies in all for a cichlid from the amazons there common name are keyholes they attain four to five inches total which is were they are now and are only 2 yrs old for a fish that lives 10 to 15 yrs their scientific name is cleithracara maronii they would do wonderfull in your 75gal at home and they seem to be secret spawners and would do nicely in a tank with tetras and other non aggressive cichlids, and they will fit nicely with the jurarapi they were fine with mine, but if you want to produce some good fry you might need to place them in a tank by themselves, my four have been in the 120gal since they were juvaniles so they only know a bigger tank and i really dont know how well they would do in a smaller system, so i will be at the shop this thursday to drop them off sometime near the openning of the store, cool dude i will talk to you later.. afro
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:31 am

Good times Mike...I'll have to think a little more about what I am gonna do with them then, thanks!
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 11:41 pm

hey james did you ever feed the blue acaras live blood worms before, dude they love it man.. Cool
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 3:42 am

I gave them frozen blood worms a couple of times, not live though. Do you have a steady source for live blood worms???
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:27 pm

yep you were right those werent bloodworms they were black worms and i stopped feeding them with those, of corse if you know anyone with live bloodworms let me know or if anyone knows were i can get some bloodworms please let me know.. Cool
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 1:32 am

WILCO Mike...BTW feeding blackworms is a great way to get stubborn fish feeding and I have NEVER had a problem with any disease transmission or anything else from feeding them...I actually kinda like feeding them on occasion.
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 12:19 am

cool but dude they stink and the fish did love eating them, hey BTW i went to LTFF meeting and joined and i ended up scoring some cool julidochromis marleiri about 6 of them, and some peacocks as well from their auction, but all of the fish are fry and juvies.. Cool
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 11:25 am

Sweet...I will probably start going to some of the LTFF meetings, but they are on the same night as the KHS meetings so I gotta share the love!
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:35 pm

yeah what is khs meetings, cool dude that would be cool if you went to the LTFF meets, i seen turtlefag there but i dont know if he stayed or not, they had a cool cory speaker there and dude knew what he was talking about i was very impressed by him and his knowledge, cool i hope you can make the next meeting.. Cool
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 8:20 pm

hey james dude my cutteri are trying to mate with the female red points now that would be a funny looking fish, but they are doing fine right now, hey send me a PM with your email and i will send you a photo of this cichlid i got not to long ago it looks like a hybrid fish, later.. Cool
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 10:19 am

That would be an interesting combo...you gots a pm
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:12 pm

my cutteri males are huge dude and they are hooking up with the big female red point but the size ratio is still small compaired to the cutteri, BTW when i introduced the red points in the 120gal they automatically started to punk out fish, too funny they are so darn aggressive.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

freshwater plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: freshwater plants   freshwater plants Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

freshwater plants
Page 1 of 1