Pets Galore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pets Galore

A forum to help answer questions about your new pet

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Petsgaloreky.comPetsgaloreky.com  

Leopard Gecko genetics

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandon
Admin
Admin
Brandon

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Leopard Gecko genetics Empty
PostSubject: Leopard Gecko genetics   Leopard Gecko genetics Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 7:58 pm

Right now i have a pair of leopard geckos im going to breed. I have a normal male and a Super Hypo Tangerine Carrot-Tail (SHTCT) female. I was wondering if anyone here nows if any of the morphs my girl is are dominant and will show through with the babies? scratch
Back to top Go down
wes
Hatchling
Hatchling
wes

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Leopard Gecko genetics   Leopard Gecko genetics Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:32 pm

i'm pretty sure that none of them are dominant so your babies will probably just be hets for those morphs.

-wes
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Leopard Gecko genetics   Leopard Gecko genetics Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:57 pm

hello brandon what a cool gecko you have that is too sweet.. Cool
Back to top Go down
Brandon
Admin
Admin
Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Leopard Gecko genetics   Leopard Gecko genetics Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:25 pm

Thanks for the help Wes!

Thanks Pittbull!
Back to top Go down
crazy chris flo
Hatchling
Hatchling

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Leopard Gecko genetics   Leopard Gecko genetics Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 3:25 pm

They may show through somewhat. I pretty sure that SHCT traits aren't like the albino traits. Breed albino to normal and hets result. SHCT are the result of selectively breeding for color whether through inbreeding or breeding out to other nicely colored leopards. Hope this helps out some. I may have an interesing proposal for you if everything falls into place. Hint: Rainwater sunglows!! The C-Flo
Back to top Go down
Brandon
Admin
Admin
Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Leopard Gecko genetics   Leopard Gecko genetics Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:48 pm

Thanks C-Flo! Sorry I missed Sunday at the zoo!
Back to top Go down
crazy chris flo
Hatchling
Hatchling

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Leopard Gecko genetics   Leopard Gecko genetics Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 8:35 am

That's cool, I'll be off Sunday the 20th. I checked out those racks for sale at the store, they're flippin' sweet! Take it easy. C Flo
Back to top Go down
mat
Hatchling
Hatchling
mat

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Leopard Gecko genetics   Leopard Gecko genetics Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 11:18 pm

crazy chris is right there. selective breeding going on with that super hypo carrottail. of course some of the babies might end up looking some what like one or both of the parents.
Back to top Go down
Brandon
Admin
Admin
Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Leopard Gecko genetics   Leopard Gecko genetics Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 10:06 pm

Thanks Mat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leopard Gecko genetics   Leopard Gecko genetics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leopard Gecko genetics
Page 1 of 1