Pets Galore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pets Galore

A forum to help answer questions about your new pet

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Petsgaloreky.comPetsgaloreky.com  

Even more fishy pics!

Go down 
+2
wes
jeosbo01
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Even more fishy pics! Empty
PostSubject: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:23 am

I never get tired of taking fish pics bounce

Spawning acara...
Even more fishy pics! James_pics_4_001.sized
Even more fishy pics! James_pics_4_002.sized
Even more fishy pics! James_pics_4_003.sized
Even more fishy pics! James_pics_4_004.sized

Betta edithae, a great intro to wild type bettas, these are medium sized mouth brooders and they readily and regularly spawn (even on a strictly high quality flake food diet)...
Even more fishy pics! James_pics_4_006.sized

The julies you all heard Pittbull scrambling for a couple of weeks ago...
Even more fishy pics! James_pics_4_007.sized

A peckolita species I haven't bothered to id yet, cool looking little things...
Even more fishy pics! James_pics_4_008.sized

One of a couple of cutteri pairs we have currently. We have about a dozen of these for sale at the shop right now that this pair produced, they are quite small (less than 1 inch currently) but a cheap way to get a great fish...
Even more fishy pics! James_pics_4_009.sized

Male Apistogramma panduro. We have one pair of these and they breed regularly...look for fry in the near future.
Even more fishy pics! James_pics_4_010.sized

Here is an awful pic of a great fish. We have two pairs of the nicest keyhole cichlids I have ever laid eyes on (many props to Pittbull on these).
Even more fishy pics! James_pics_4_011.sized

Lastly we have our resident adult texas cichlid. He is looking for a new home and would love to go home with you today Laughing ...
Even more fishy pics! James_pics_4_014.sized
Back to top Go down
wes
Hatchling
Hatchling
wes

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 6:14 pm

Nice pictures man. We goit a big Texas at work too. they are awesome fish.
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:45 pm

cool picts james and thanks for the props, how cool on the cutteri breeding, and dude i am so jealous that you got those julies to breed already i am hoping i have a pair, sweet.. Cool
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

PostSubject: Re: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:49 pm

BTW how are those red shoulders coming along man, dude i cant wait to get some they are too sweet, later.. Cool
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

PostSubject: Re: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 9:33 am

Mike, the julies haven't bred for me yet that I know of (although they have been courting quite a bit). The way their tank is set up I may not even know they have spawned until I see fry!
The red-shoulders are doing GREAT! They are eating very well and putting on noticable size already. It won't be long for ya man!
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

PostSubject: Re: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 9:35 am

wes wrote:
Nice pictures man. We goit a big Texas at work too. they are awesome fish.
Thanks Wes!
I really like the texas cichlids, just don't do much with them cause they get too big for most peoples tanks IMO.
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

PostSubject: Re: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:45 pm

james dude my fault i looked at the juli photo above and thought those small whatever pieces were fry i guess i looked to quick, crap, hehehe, oh well i am a tard dude, cool on the red shoulders cant wait.. Cool
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

PostSubject: Re: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:13 am

Quote :
i looked at the juli photo above and thought those small whatever pieces were fry
Nah..that was the mysis I used to bribe them out for a photo op!
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

PostSubject: Re: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:30 pm

sweet it fooled me dude, hey BTW i am bringing up those plants tomorrow so i will not make it to the rep show in shelbyville, hey do you want to keep those jururapi dude or do you want to get rid of them.. Cool
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

PostSubject: Re: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:56 pm

I hadn't planned on getting rid of them but may if I can find a larger group. There are too many species that look almost identical, I want to get a big group from the same source so I can be reasonable certain that they are the same species and breed them.

If I let you take them are you just gonna keep them for a couple of weeks then give them back once they are nice and fat lol!
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

PostSubject: Re: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 11:00 pm

hahaha yeah right, nah for real i really like these fish and i am keeping mine i was just wanting a few more to make a good school of them, i got my 3 from jamie at auburndale a while back i think he may have some more though. Cool
Back to top Go down
Techtress
Hatchling
Hatchling
Techtress

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 5:14 pm

I love that texas cichlid! What a beauty!
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

PostSubject: Re: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 5:18 pm

Techtress wrote:
I love that texas cichlid! What a beauty!

psst...he wants to go home with you Razz
Back to top Go down
Techtress
Hatchling
Hatchling
Techtress

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:34 am

I bet he does, and eat every fish and tadpole in my 40 long. Sad
Back to top Go down
Phil
Hatchling
Hatchling

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:35 am

Those blue acara really take me back! I use to keep and breed those back in the 70's and wondered if some of those neat fish from yester-year were still out there.

Another of my favorites was Aequidens portalegrensis. AKA the Port Cichlid back in the day. They were a hobby main stay years ago and though not a flashy fish they were just one nice fish. Hardy, relatively peaceful and easy to breed. The males developed this really cool lace pattern on their fins that was quite impressive. What I like best of all though was their thickness. Mine were only 6"- 7" in length but were at least 2" thick. A very solidly built fish yet compact in over all size.

Phil
Back to top Go down
garbird
Hatchling
Hatchling

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 5:09 pm

Yeh, Phil I remember back in the day stuff to. The last place I saw a port cichlid there was a bunch of them swimming in a canal naer Biscayne Bay in south FL. Not exactly their home turf, but they appeared to be in great shape. It's amazing how many exotic species have colonized Fl waters.
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

PostSubject: Re: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 12:45 am

i believe you can still get the ports here but not to many shops carry them i only know of one shop.. Cool
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

PostSubject: Re: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:22 am

Ports are definately still in the hobby, but not always easy to find. Seems like all of the Aequidens kinda surge in the hobby from time to time...of course you guys who were keeping fish before I was born (1980) know that!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even more fishy pics!   Even more fishy pics! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Even more fishy pics!
Page 1 of 1