Pets Galore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pets Galore

A forum to help answer questions about your new pet

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Petsgaloreky.comPetsgaloreky.com  

water for betas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigJ69
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-12-28

water for betas Empty
PostSubject: water for betas   water for betas Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 6:47 pm

i have a male betta at work, whcih is better, tap water with amquel drops or bottled water with no drops? thanks
Back to top Go down
Phil
Hatchling
Hatchling

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-01-01

water for betas Empty
PostSubject: Re: water for betas   water for betas Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 2:53 pm

Big J,

Whichever route you go I would recommend using spring water over distilled water. Distilled water lacks the trace elements that aquatic creatures require in their environment long term.

Phil
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

Number of posts : 278

water for betas Empty
PostSubject: Re: water for betas   water for betas Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:30 pm

hey bigj69 what size container do you have the betta in if it were small like a gallon container i would use the bottled water so that you dont have to spend the extra money on dechlor, and you can always add vitamins for fish in form of trace elements you can find at certain pet shops..><}}}">
Back to top Go down
Pat
Admin
Admin
Pat

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-12-30

water for betas Empty
PostSubject: Re: water for betas   water for betas Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:33 pm

when i was taking care of the bettas at the store i just used water off the system. i found that with keeping them in a bunch of small containers you use almost the same amout of water as in a 10g tank. using bottled water would cost too much for the amount you need to clean them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/patrickdailey
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

water for betas Empty
PostSubject: Re: water for betas   water for betas Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 2:14 am

its a matter of what you want to do just as long as the water changes are happening in all is the good thing well you know that of corse, as for me i would do a gal water change from the tap when i had a 5gal betta tank and it worked for me with no affects, cool..><}}}"> Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

water for betas Empty
PostSubject: Re: water for betas   water for betas Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:20 pm

hey guys does anyone know of a place here in the states that would have an all black crowntail betta, this fish is sweet and i have only seen one but it was located in thailand for sale, well we all know how much they break it off in you when you order from a distributor from another country for just one fish, cool if anyone has an ideal let me know.. Cool
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

Number of posts : 185

water for betas Empty
PostSubject: Re: water for betas   water for betas Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 10:17 am

Mike...I have a couple of ideas on this one...I will look around and let you know something soon
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

water for betas Empty
PostSubject: Re: water for betas   water for betas Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 11:15 am

Watch this site...http://getabetta.com/
I have never bought from them but have talked to several people who have. The prices are high compared to shop prices but they say you get far better quality fish. Let me know if you are gonna get something from them, I may jump in on it!
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

water for betas Empty
PostSubject: Re: water for betas   water for betas Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 12:14 pm

Also...
http://www.bettakingdom.com/catalog.php/eyero2001/pg11308

These guys also have some great fish...I have never bought from them directly but have actually had a couple of their bettas second hand...they were incredible! Again, if you are gonna order let me know first.
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

water for betas Empty
PostSubject: Re: water for betas   water for betas Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 11:20 pm

thanks james i checked them out and the getabetta.com is out of stock and the betta kingdom is crazy priced, figures aye, sweet if i do place an order i will let you know dude i will check back with them later.. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

water for betas Empty
PostSubject: Re: water for betas   water for betas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

water for betas
Page 1 of 1