Pets Galore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pets Galore

A forum to help answer questions about your new pet

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Petsgaloreky.comPetsgaloreky.com  

Fish I'm working with DUW!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Fish I'm working with DUW! Empty
PostSubject: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:30 am

Hey everybody, I finally got some good pics of a couple of the species I am or will be breeding in the near future for the shop so here ya go...

First we have Betta coccina. Wild type bettas are without a doubt one of my favorite groups of fish to work with and coccina is a great species to get into wild types with. They stay small, are colorful and are not difficult to keep and breed. I just moved my pair into a 10 gallon tank and currently have no fry growing out but will soon. These guys will easily breed in tanks as small as a 2.5 gallon
Fish I'm working with DUW! James_pics_3_002.sized
Fish I'm working with DUW! James_pics_3_003.sized
Fish I'm working with DUW! James_pics_3_030.sized

Next we have the blue acara. We have several dozen wild caught and f1 adults and will likely be letting many of them pair up and selling a few off and hopefully producing MANY fry!
Fish I'm working with DUW! James_pics_3_032.sized
Fish I'm working with DUW! James_pics_3_031.sized

I also really like Geophagine cichlids and as such these guys make me more than a little happy...
Fish I'm working with DUW! James_pics_3_023.sized
Fish I'm working with DUW! James_pics_3_026.sized
Fish I'm working with DUW! James_pics_3_029.sized
Fish I'm working with DUW! James_pics_3_033.sized
Fish I'm working with DUW! James_pics_3_035.sized

And finally here are a couple of other assorted fish I'm playing with...
Fish I'm working with DUW! James_pics_3_025.sized
Fish I'm working with DUW! James_pics_3_024.sized
Fish I'm working with DUW! James_pics_3_036.sized
Fish I'm working with DUW! James_pics_3_001.sized

More to come...hopefully soon cheers
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:35 am

cool james those acaras do look sweet, i have a trio of jururapi right now i am hoping that breed for me.. is that one of the buffalo heads you got from kentuckiana, sweet dude i have got to stop i am out of control with my fish addiction man.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:38 am

The buffalohead did come from KYiana...I'm looking for more if you know of any. I would also like to get some tinanti, they are great fish.
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:46 am

yeah when i noticed that you had some buffalos that was a first time in a long time when i have seen them around, the only place i can think of is kyiana, i dont think i have seen any tinanti before around, i had a colony of buffalos about 10years ago and i still miss them..
Back to top Go down
Techtress
Hatchling
Hatchling
Techtress

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:23 pm

We have one buffalohead floting arround in a tank at KYiana, saw it when I was reaquainting myself with what all is where.
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 12:29 am

I would like to get a group of small ones...they can be a pain to pair off if they get past about an inch or so
Back to top Go down
Techtress
Hatchling
Hatchling
Techtress

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 4:37 pm

This ones about 2".
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 9:30 am

Do you know if it is a male or female Techie??
Back to top Go down
Techtress
Hatchling
Hatchling
Techtress

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 1:57 pm

I'm not sure, I'll look for him tomorrow after we're done putting away the new shipment. I looked for it breifly today and didn't see it, but I didn't look very hard.
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 3:34 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Techtress
Hatchling
Hatchling
Techtress

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:42 pm

Well a bunch of oscars were put in that tank and the buffalohead is awol, i'm guessing eaten or killed. Looked in all the other tanks too and hes not there. We didn't get any in this week either. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 1:10 pm

No worries...thanks for checking
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 1:19 pm

Just an update...I got some nice Blue acara eggs yesterday...it was the pairs first clutch so it may not work out, but I do have some pics of them fanning/standing guard and will try to get them up this weekend
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 10:38 pm

hey james, those blue acaras i recieved from you, i think i have a pair as well, they keep dancing around with each other, keep me updated on those keyholes dude, hey here is a jurarapi theory, in my 500gal above ground pond, we could try some jurarapi this late spring and see what turns up, later.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:06 pm

btw james way cool on the blue acaras spawn.. Cool
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:18 pm

james dude i have got to ask what is your avatar i cant make it out.. Cool
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:26 am

Its a pair of Dendrobates tinctorius (Cobalt) I had when I was messing with a lot of dart frogs...I will probably change it soon though (I'm thinking Betta macrostoma for a while...maybe a smiling beardie scratch)
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:30 am

BTW...Mike, did you figure out that thing we talked about last night??
Back to top Go down
wes
Hatchling
Hatchling
wes

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 1:26 pm

hey james,

I'm thinking about a Lamprologus sexfaciatus tank. You ever work with them?

-wes
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 1:56 pm

Wes, I have and I highly recommend them...they are great little fish, I like them nearly as much as the shell dwelling Neolamp...not quite, but almost.
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 11:30 pm

james dude i tryed and nothing happened on the upload, i copied and paste and it wouldnt work.. scratch
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 11:38 pm

hey james i recieved a pair of fish today, they look alot like convicts but without the stripes and appear to be a gray looking fish with a bluish gray on the lower portion of their body, so i think i may have ended up wit a hybrid convict.. when they start to come out i will photo them and send it to you.. later dude. Cool
Back to top Go down
jeosbo01
Admin
Admin
jeosbo01

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 3:37 am

Sweet...I look forward to seeing them.
Back to top Go down
wes
Hatchling
Hatchling
wes

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 1:13 pm

yeh, the sexfaciatus are definantly one of my favorite africans. Have you ever bred them? and if you have, is there anything special you gotta do
Back to top Go down
pittbull
Breeder
Breeder
pittbull

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:24 pm

hey wes i am currently raising some neolamp brevis which are getting pretty big for now so i am hoping soon my brevs start to breed, hey james do you know what size the brevis need to be to start the breeding program mine are at an inch right now.. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fish I'm working with DUW!   Fish I'm working with DUW! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fish I'm working with DUW!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next